Go shared libraries are coming

Michael Hudson-Doyle michael.hudson at canonical.com
Tue May 31 10:46:19 UTC 2016

On 31 May 2016 at 12:48, Martin Packman <martin.packman at canonical.com> wrote:
> On 25/05/2016, Michael Hudson-Doyle <michael.hudson at canonical.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've attempted to document the new world at
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IOlBWWgcDeB9PfRORENESYj8iJt4W2EwsbYcpg4akBE/edit#
>
> Thank you for the clear write-up.

I'm glad it came across clearly!

> Is the thought that for instance all the -dev packages juju currently
> depends on should move to providing a shared library? I presume the
> current line we have over not splitting up the github.com/juju
> namespace into multiple packages till we expect to have multiple
> consumers remains.

Yes, that sounds right to me. TBH, I've not really thought super hard
about juju as it is still in this strange "some deps from source
package / some deps from archive" middle ground, but I assume that
some sanity will emerge here (or at least stability). There's no real
reason to make separate packages for the different github.com/juju
things until there is an actual reason.

Cheers,
mwh
PS: can we stop including jujud in the juju-2.0 binary packages yet?