Server team minutes for 2016-03-15

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Wed Mar 16 08:06:19 UTC 2016

Hi Doug,
thanks for testing and reporting!
Regarding the failure at the "select and install software" step - I used
the installer on s390x and amd64 - and it worked for both as of this
morning.
One has to find why it is still failing for your case.

Although I can confirm the "postfix config one didn't ask for" experience.

Another issue I could find on both architectures around the "select and
install software" step was that "Manual package selection" seems to have no
function at all.

Since Colin asked in the bug you referred to, to open all further issues in
separate bugs I opened bugs for the two I could confirm (way more details
in there).
=> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1557936
=> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1557937

I hope someone else can help you to pick up why exactly the "select and
install software" step itself is failing for you.

Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd