State of systemd-networkd integration for Xenial

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 4 07:19:17 UTC 2016

Hello Ivan,

Ivan Mincik [2016-01-02 16:52 +0100]:
> I would like to kindly ask about the state of "systemd-networkd"
> integration for Xenial. When (or if) we can expect it coming as default
> network management service ?

networkd is a supported component in Xenial, so you are welcome to use
it. The server and snappy teams have discussed using it by  default,
and I'm not entirely sure about the latest word on it, but I believe
the plan was to stay conservative for 16.04 LTS and keep ifupdown, and
consider moving to networkd after that. An LTS cycle is not a good
time to do major changes on the plumbing layer.

Thanks,

Martin