Fonts-droid has been deprecated and removed, please update your dependency :)

Gianfranco Costamagna locutusofborg at debian.org
Mon Feb 1 14:53:43 UTC 2016

Hi, I'm sending this email to you because you are listed as contact
for one or more packages affected by the fonts-droid package removal,
to make you aware of the new fonts-android package (currently in
- -proposed) where no fonts-droid is packaged anymore.

Currently two choices are available:
- - use fonts-droid-fallback (in universe)
- - switch to fonts-noto, the replacement for fonts-droid (preferred
solution).

quoting upstream and the Debian bug reports:
"Since Android upstream stopped shipping Droid fonts and its been
declared that Noto fonts will be superseding the Droid¹² we in
"Debian Fonts Task Force" team decided to drop fonts-droid package."

²
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-fonts-devel/attachments/201
51031/011f4334/attachment.mht
¹ https://github.com/googlei18n/noto-fonts/issues/555

Following there is an incomplete list of affected packages.
(incomplete because Debian is fixing the affected packages "in sync"
with Ubuntu)

Please test and fix your packages if possible, I would like to avoid
changing stuff without knowing exactly how to test the particular font.
(and sorry for cross-posting, but I don't know a better way)

thanks!

Gianfranco

Reverse-Recommends
==================
* gnome-shell-pomodoro-data
* hockeypuck [amd64 i386]
* kubuntu-desktop [amd64 arm64 armhf i386 powerpc ppc64el]
* kubuntu-full [amd64 arm64 armhf i386 powerpc ppc64el]
* ubuntu-desktop [amd64 arm64 armhf i386 powerpc ppc64el]
* ubuntu-gnome-desktop [amd64 arm64 armhf i386 powerpc ppc64el]
* ubuntukylin-desktop [amd64 arm64 armhf i386 powerpc ppc64el]
* ubuntustudio-desktop [amd64 arm64 armhf i386 powerpc ppc64el]
* wesnoth-1.12-data
* wine1.6 [amd64 i386]
* xubuntu-desktop

Reverse-Depends
===============
* blender
* cinnamon-desktop-environment
* mythtv-common
* request-tracker4
* ubuntu-keyboard-data
* ubuntu-mate-core
* ubuntukylin-theme
* ubuntustudio-default-settings
* ubuntustudio-font-meta [amd64 arm64 armhf i386 powerpc ppc64el]
* xubuntu-default-settings