Most Bazaar repo's out of date when I try and clone

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 18 17:33:56 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 04:47:31PM +0000, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> On 18 November 2015 at 15:07, Barry Warsaw <barry at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > I suspect bzr-based UDD is effectively defunct.  I'm watching the dgit work in
> > Debian and hoping that maybe someday that can provide a good workflow for
> > Ubuntu packages as well.
>
> I wonder if the importer was restarted after opening, and/or if the
> import is still ongoing. It takes a while to branch & initialize new
> series.

We haven't restarted it, somewhat deliberately: these days the imports
are in such a terrible state that it's more misleading to have them than
not, and certainly nobody was working on fixing the problems with it.
Our to-do list for dgit support is currently as follows:

 * Secure interface to get a single .dsc with checksums
   (https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/launchpad/sourcefileurls-include-meta/+merge/276928)
 * Basic Launchpad API support in dgit (I have a branch for this in
   progress, which I'll test once I have the API addition above in
   place)
 * Equivalent push policy to dgit-repos-server in turnip (somehow; what
   do we do about all the taint handling?)
 * Archive-permission-based ACLs for target-default package repositories
 * Allow appropriate celebrity to create target-default package
   repositories
 * Mass importer from publishing history (a bit like udd mass_import.py)
 * Charm for importer
 * Mojo spec for importer
 * Deploy importer to staging/production

I think this is reasonably tractable.