Fwd: Removing animation from the ubuntu software center

Istimsak Abdulbasir saqman2060 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 21:24:06 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Istimsak Abdulbasir" <saqman2060 at gmail.com>
Date: May 15, 2015 11:20 PM
Subject: Removing animation from the ubuntu software center
To: "ubuntu-quality at lists.ubuntu.com" <ubuntu-quality at lists.ubuntu.com>

The ubuntu software center runs ok based on the power of the machine it is
used on. I believe because of the live headlines and some animation, it
feels like it drags on some lower-end systems or weak GPUs. can these live
headlines be disabled? I was thinking of following Lubuntu's software
center app. Basic, light and fast loading.

--
"Collaboration is the new innovation" (Istimsak Abdulbasir, 2013)