please fix build failures, including those introduced by GCC 5

Rodney Dawes rodney.dawes at canonical.com
Wed Mar 4 23:58:45 UTC 2015

Does GCC 5 do something to cause dpkg-gensymbols to break? For example,
I was checking the list to see if anything I deal with directly was
broken, and checked a few of the other failures for packages I depend
on, to see what to expect. In doing so, I ran across the
ubuntu-download-manager [1] failure. It seems to actually build just
fine, but the dpkg-gensymbols check is failing. It seems to no longer
export the operator() method on std::function definitions. For example:

- (c++)"std::function<void (Ubuntu::DownloadManager::Download*)>::operator()(Ubuntu::DownloadManager::Download*) const at Base" 0.4+14.10.20140618
+#MISSING: 0.9+15.04.20141202-0ubuntu1# (c++)"std::function<void (Ubuntu::DownloadManager::Download*)>::operator()(Ubuntu::DownloadManager::Download*) const at Base" 0.4+14.10.20140618

This is not mentioned in the porting guide that I can see though, and
removing these from the .symbols file will break building on gcc 4.x.
The porting guide only mentions converting std::nullptr_t to bool in C++
issues. What's the best way to deal with this if it comes up?

[1] https://launchpadlibrarian.net/198342635/buildlog_ubuntu-vivid-i386.ubuntu-download-manager_0.9%2B15.04.20141202-0ubuntu1_BUILDING.txt.gz