Python Click Package Naming

Logan Rosen logan at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 14 22:16:48 UTC 2015

Bringing this back from the dead. Maintaining a delta for every
package that {build-}depends on python{3}-click in Debian is very
tedious, especially when you need to override dh_python2's dependency
generation so that it picks the right name for the package.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 9:08 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> I think it would make more sense to have the actual python-click that is used
> by many packages to have the Python policy compliant names of python{3}-click
> rather than an Ubuntu only package with no rdepends.

This says it all, to be honest.

Does anyone disagree with doing this during the current Xenial cycle?