Some packages needing attention for the g++5 transition

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 10 19:14:18 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The g++5 transition is in progress now in wily-proposed.  Library packages
in main that need package renames have all been staged, and most
reverse-dependencies of these libraries have been rebuilt.  Libraries in
universe have mostly also been staged, but many of them have not yet had
rebuilds triggered for their reverse-dependencies.

For libraries in main, I've identified a number of reverse-dependencies that
are going to need a bit of attention in order to resolve these transitions.
Help resolving these is appreciated.  I will also post them on
http://pad.ubuntu.com/gcc-5-transition - if you plan to work on one of these
packages, please put your name next to it on the pad to claim it.

 * mongodb: FTBFS with -Werror due to a new warning under g++5; blocks pcre3
 * juju-mongodb: FTBFS with a number of C++11 issues; blocks pcre3
 * kodi: FTBFS with linker issue; candidate for removal (multiple
reverse-dependencies, but in universe and unseeded); blocks pcre3
 * goplay: FTBFS with -Werror; candidate for removal; blocks xapian-core
 * notmuch: FTBFS, testsuite dies with signal 15; blocks xapian-core
 * ceph: FTBFS with boost1.58 incompatibility; blocks leveldb
 * ll-scope: FTBFS only on i386 and powerpc with a stack protector error;
candidate for removal; blocks gtkmm2.4
 * bombono-dvd: FTBFS with libavformat incompatibility; candidate for
removal; blocks gtkmm2.4
 * mrtrix: FTBFS on armhf only, blocked by current octave being unavailable
on armhf, octave blocked by gl/gles build failure; blocks gtkmm2.4 (robru)
 * open-vm-tools: package in main, build-depends on xml-security-c in
universe; MIR filed (bug #1482777); blocks gtkmm2.4, icu
 * mediawiki2latex: FTBFS on powerpc only; haskell-related failure (gcc:
error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory); candidate for
removal (one reverse-dependency); blocks icu

Thanks,