[Ubuntu-phone] ANN: TRAINCON-0 - CITRAIN all stop starting Friday

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 21 13:14:43 UTC 2014

Oliver Grawert [2014-03-21 13:36 +0100]:
> I think this is a bug we should treat similar. Instead of killing our
> battery life with a hack, accept that it is there and currently
> unavoidable to have it, document it properly so users know what to
> expect and release one image that passes the tests and dogfooding.
>
> We can then block touch promotions again until it is properly fixed, but
> not block landings, so that the desktop team can still make their beta
> release. Some issues simply need to be decided on on a case by case base
> IMHO.

Big +1 on that, Oli. In a project with a 5-digit number of packages
it's simply impractical to stop the line every time some regression
happens, especially if it's known and triaged. We have already moved
way too much into the "add manual process and bureaucracy" path of
landing changes, so we already have a very low landing rate. This is
now the anti-thesis of our original "velocity" goal.

I think the compromise of keeping the development series going, but
simply keep daily images as "-proposed" until that is fixed is the
right way forward here.

Martin