upower 0.99

Jackson Doak noskcaj at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 16 08:49:16 UTC 2014

Upower 0.99 is now required by gnome 3.12. As a result, we are trying to
have the transition completed this cycle. The new release changes the
SONAME, changed from the "changed" signal to "notify" as well as the
function signature, and drops suspend support (which systemd now handles).
This means nearly all packages that use upower will need changes.

A number of upstreams already have fixes (gnome, xfce, mate, cairo-dock,
and telepathy) but a few packages need work. If anyone involved with sugar
or kde could let me know the status, that would be great.

The bug report is at https://launchpad.net/bugs/1330037 .

wmbattery will need removal, as it is orphaned and broken with new linux
anyway

Jackson