Aiming for Qemu 2.0 in 14.04

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 27 06:14:22 UTC 2014

Hey Serge,

Serge Hallyn [2014-02-26 12:40 -0600]:
> In an attempt to shake out bugs as early as possible, I've started
> building packages based on current git HEAD at ppa:ubuntu-virt/candidate.
> This seems to be testing quite well for me on amd64.  It would be
> great if people could start testing the version in this ppa where
> possible, as early as possible.

I gave them some initial testing:

 * with the current Ubuntu desktop live image. I lost the mouse cursor
   there, filed as https://launchpad.net/bugs/1285508.

 * Setting up a shared directory with -virtfs now crashes, filed as
   https://launchpad.net/bugs/1285505

Once the latter bug is fixed, I can give this a good hard beating with
running some intrusive (such as udisks2 or network-manager) or big
(such as python) autopkgtests in them.

Thanks,

Martin