creating local repo
manoj.iyer at canonical.com
Fri Aug 22 01:15:01 UTC 2014
I need to create a local repo of some packages, this is for a custom
project I am working on.
I do the following:
* download the deb packages & dependencies to /usr/local/apt/archives/
* create a directory /usr/local/apt/archives/partial
* cd to /usr/local/apt/archives/
* dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null | gzip -9c > Packages.gz
* /usr/local/apt/archives/Packages.gz now exists.
* add /etc/apt/sources.list.d/localrepo.list
* file:/usr/local/apt/archives/ ./
* apt-get update --fix-missing
but when I apt get install any of the packages from the local repo, it
still looks in archive.ubuntu.com and downloads from there rather than
using my local repo. I also tried adding 'file:/usr/local/apt/archives/
./' to sources.list instead and I have the same behavior.
Am I missing something?
Hyperscale Server Team
More information about the ubuntu-devel