adb on Ubuntu Touch

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Fri Sep 13 14:03:28 UTC 2013

Given the time frame we are looking at keeping adb by default in the touch
images.

Regardless of going with adb or ssh we need a couple of things to happen:
- disable it by default.
- system settings toggle to enable disable it (e.g.; developer mode as on
Android)
- a way to enable it when flashing a fresh read only image (e.g.; through
the ubuntu_comands). This is more for an automated testing scenario. We can
discuss this further, but it won't be the default behaviour.

By going with adb we need to:
- ensure adb shell shells into the phablet user.

Going with ssh implies:
- Implementing multiplexing (aka device selection).
- Enabling ssh over usb with a well known address (e.g.; what 'adb devices'
brings back).
- Changing the QA infrastructure to support this.

For 13.10 we have decided to stick to adb.

Cheers
Sergio.