[Ubuntu-phone] Policy: filing bugs against Ubuntu packages instead of upstream projects

Ursula Junque ursinha at ursinha.net
Wed Nov 27 20:14:43 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Sergio Schvezov <
sergio.schvezov at canonical.com> wrote:

> Totally out of thread, but
>
> http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1308/meeting/21840/community-1308-quality-reporting-bugs/
> with
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-1308-quality-reporting-bugs
>
> and then
>
> http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1308/meeting/21857/foundations-1308-click-error-reporting/
> with
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-1308-click-error-reporting

Summarized context (from #ubuntu-touch today):

<Ursinha> mhall119, hey :) how should one report bugs on click packages? I
believe ubuntu-bug doesn't work for them?
<mhall119> Ursinha: I believe you're right, beuno do you know of a way?
<Ursinha> I've been filing bugs against ubuntu-app-clock and I wasn't sure
how to proceed, as there's an ubuntu package but no published packages in
launchpad
<sergiusens> Ursinha, the strategy for clicks was to use the store
<Ursinha> sergiusens, on the phone? how do I do that?
<sergiusens> Ursinha, it's not implemented yet
<Ursinha> sergiusens, in the meantime, how's one supposed to file bugs?
<sergiusens> Ursinha,
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1308/meeting/21840/community-1308-quality-reporting-bugs/
<mhall119> you have to manually file bugs still, not using ubuntu-bug

So, if a bug is on a click package: report it in LP upstream.

Do we all agree on that?

> Cheers
> Sergio
>

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Ursula Junque <ursinha at ursinha.net>wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Michał Sawicz <
>> michal.sawicz at canonical.com> wrote:

>>> I just tried to file a bug against Ubuntu (unity8)¹, unfortunately I
>>> can't set the status to 'Triaged', or decide the importance. So, well... I
>>> can't triage Ubuntu (unity8) bugs.
>>>

>> According to ogra this can be solved by adding your team to the
>> bugcontrol team. There's a policy in place that allows teams to be added to
>> the bugsquad one, if they're upstreams. Ogra, please enlighten us. :)
>>

>>> AFAICT, we also don't get notified about new Ubuntu (unity8) bugs, even
>>> though I added a subscription for my team².
>>>

>> I'm the only person subscribed to the ~touch-packages team and I get ALL
>> EMAILS (it's a lot!). Maybe check the unity8 team email's settings to see
>> if you are set to receive emails or if that's disabled for you (AFAIK being
>> subscribed != receiving emails).
>>

>>> Not exactly sure why that is, but the project has Maintainer: Ubuntu
>>> Developers³, which actually doesn't exist...⁴
>>>

>> This I'll have to check, I don't know why is that.
>>

>>> All in all, if all of us need to get added to some global Ubuntu team to
>>> be able to triage Ubuntu (*) bugs for their projects, that's not ideal...
>>> Current state doesn't work for us either...
>>>

>> I believe that being added to the bugsquad team will only give you
>> permissions to triage Ubuntu bugs. Not sure if that's a problem for our
>> upstreams, is it?
>>

>>> ¹ https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1255452
>>> ³ https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8
>>>https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-devel-discuss-lists