adding devices to udev blacklist

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 6 06:44:45 UTC 2013

Hello Adam,

sorry for the late answer, this slipped my attention.

Adam Laurie [2013-10-07 10:50 +0100]:
> Thanks for the answer, and that's an approach I've taken with other
> projects, but we'd rather the user didn't have to take any action at
> all - i.e. the entry was already there... After all, every other
> device in the original file
> /etc/udev/rules.d/78-mm-usb-device-blacklist-local.rules got there
> somehow, so why not ours?

Ah, you made it sound like that was some experiment rather than an
actual product, i. e. you specifically wanted this to be local. If
not, I suggest you forward this upstream to https://bugzilla.gnome.org
(product: NetworkManager, component: ModemManager)

Thanks,

Martin