Should we sunset brainstorm.ubuntu.com?

David Overcash funnylookinhat at gmail.com
Tue May 14 12:56:19 UTC 2013

I'm in agreement with Alexandru - Launchpad is certainly not an effective
place for new ( or even longtime ) users to submit ideas and wishlist bugs.
 The interface can be pretty intimidating and whatnot.  However, having the
data ON launchpad is the best place for it - developers can actually triage
and track progress, and users can be easily pulled into testing features
via a PPA.

Wouldn't it make sense to build a quick application using the Launchpad API
that effectively used wishlist bugs as it's persistent storage?  Seems
fairly straightforward:
- Creating an idea creates a wishlist bug.
- Upvotes = "This bug affects me"
- Comments would obviously translate to comments...

Looking through the Launchpad API ( https://launchpad.net/+apidoc/1.0.html )
it seems like it would be possible.  The obvious benefit being that the
traffic for each feeds the other - creating a nice feedback loop without
developers or users having to go anywhere they're not used to.

Cheers,
David