App installer design: click packages

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Wed May 8 14:51:50 UTC 2013

On May 08, 2013, at 11:14 AM, Colin Watson wrote:

> * Click-Base-System field is skeletally simple right now, and may need
>   to be expanded to at least leave open the possibility of multiple
>   flavours of base system (see also GNOME's profiles idea)

We'll have a session at vUDS about image based updates:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-1305-image-based-updates

There, we've defined a "build number" which defines the image version your
device is currently at, so we can calculate where and how we can upgrade it.

I suspect that the build number will be different than the CBS number, with
the latter indicating the version of the SDK that the app depends on, and this
will probably be different than device image version number.  Still, I wanted
to mention it in case there's overlap that I might be missing.

-Barry