cdimage.ubuntu.com latest/current symlinks

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 20 11:02:55 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:53:18PM +0200, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
> When I read that the outcome of the rolling release discussion is a
> symlink pointing to the release in development, I had no doubt that it
> will be called "unstable", because that's how Debian calls the same
> thing.

Firstly, this is not really directly related to cdimage naming.

Secondly, "raring" is *not* analogous to Debian unstable, although
previous releases were.  Since it goes through automatic installability
checks, it is closer to Debian testing.  However, since it doesn't have
the enforced propagation delay of testing, it's really not quite like
either, and would be better off with a different name so that people
don't draw unwarranted conclusions.