Online Accounts, QtWebKit and Mir

Alberto Mardegan alberto.mardegan at canonical.com
Wed Mar 20 07:51:37 UTC 2013

On 03/20/2013 12:07 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> According to that blueprint, Canonical seems to intend to create (yet again) a
> unique fork, so if you're on a fork that only Canonical is using, you ought to
> be able to do whatever you want.

No, you misread it. The "fork" word that appears there is not what we
commonly intend by forking: instead, it means branching off the
development tree, stabilize it for a while, make a release, then
synchronize again with upstream and when the time is mature branch
again, and so on.
This is what all WebKit ports do.

Let's try not to panic whenever we read the "fork" word in a document
from Canonical. ;-)

Ciao,
  Alberto