reflecting on first UDS session on "rolling releases"

Evan Dandrea evan.dandrea at canonical.com
Tue Mar 12 16:34:16 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Jason Taylor <killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Steam has released there OS Stats which probably has some bearing here
>
> 0.62% on 12.04.* LTS and 1.7% on 12.10 so over double the users are not
> using the LTS
>
> No doubt that skews towards home users over business users

I am fairly certain that the metrics from Steam skew towards early
adopters. In a separate thread, Matthew used statistics from error
reporting. I believe these paint a much more balanced picture (but are
not without their own set of issues):

"Right now, of PCs running Ubuntu 12.04 or later,

54.6 % are running 12.04 LTS,
44.9 % are running 12.10, and
0.5 % are running R."