Monthly Updates versus Monthly Images

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 6 20:02:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013, Allison Randal wrote:
> I was nodding along with this, and beginning to picture a 3-pocket model

Indeed, sounds completely in line; however not sure about:
* number of pockets
* actual transition logic between them

For instance today raring-proposed to raring migration doesn't protect
end-users enough, and I don't see how any kind of automated migration
could be enough, yet it would seem to be a big burden to manually copy
things that are ready.

Any fixed propagation delay like 10 days would seem to be either too
long or too short depending on what we're trying to land.

We also want peer reviews somewhere.

Finally, I'm not sure we can fit all the *buntu builds with the same
workflow; it worries me that we'd enforce the same transition logic to
e.g. unseeded universe packages and boot infrastructure.

--
Loïc Minier