No "Lunch" break Re: Ubuntu Developer Summits Now Online and Every Three Months

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 4 16:29:56 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I'd been wondering that too.  Contrary to popular belief, developers
> surely aren't robots who can be continuously productive without
> downtime, particularly in what may be stressful discussions involving
> robust debate.  Some kind of break in the middle would be wise so that
> the discussions at the end of each day don't end up being pro forma
> affairs that people are trying to rush through in order to rest.

Agreed. Unfortunately its too late to adjust this for the event
beginning tomorrow, but we will definitely include breaks at the next
UDS in May. I recommend for this one attendees coordinate breaks
themselves (e.g. for session leaders to propose a 10min break part way
through a session if the attendees need it).

Thanks,

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon