non-Unity flavours and Mir

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Jun 14 16:27:30 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:47:43PM +0800, Ma Xiaojun wrote:
> KDE, this one is interesting. The one even tries to support
> proprietary OS. The same also claim their CI has very limited distro
> coverage so they cannot support distro specific feature. Maybe we
> replace Kwin with something else then problem solved (KDE run on
> proprietary OS without Kwin)

KDE having some applications running on Windows and Mac is irrelevant
to this conversation.

We're not going to drop KDE's compositor and window manager.

> I believe that there is nothing technically wrong with Mir or it is
> fixable. If upstreams have political problems, what can we do?

It's not a case of technical problems it's a case of Mir being
different for no paticular advantage.  It's a political problem of
Canonical's making not KDE's.  And the question is indeed what can we
do in Ubuntu.

Jonathan