Update ibus to 1.5 in saucy?

Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Wed Jul 17 07:55:20 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

On 16.07.2013 20:20, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 01:27:10PM -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
>
>> We are considering having ibus-daemon autostart for everyone, probably
>> using an upstart user session. This should help ensure that alternate
>> input methods just work without needing to enable an option and log
>> out first. http://pad.lv/1194138
>
> Does this imply that ibus-daemon will be running for users who have no need
> of its input methods?   This doesn't sound like a good idea to me.  We
> should be using upstart to *reduce* the number of persistent services
> running when they don't need to, by only starting them in cases / for
> contexts where they will really be used.

I basically agree with Steve. But maybe we could add an installation
checkbox option in the installer, something among the lines of: "Enable
IBus input methods on autostart for all users"? We could give some nice
explanation there on why this could be important for asian-language
users etc. Maybe even have the checkbox checked by default when the user
selects specific languages that might need it.

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
  lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com