Xorg was removed.. without an alternative

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio a.starr.b at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 22:24:23 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Is it possible that you accidentally have saucy-proposed enabled?  You
> really ought to disable it - it's intended only for building against and
> for automatic checks that defend you from exactly this kind of breakage,
> not for use by humans.

It looks like 'do-release-upgrade -d' will happily allow someone with
raring-proposed enables upgrade to saucy and enable saucy-proposed.
[1] I imagine the sub-set of users who run the stable release with
proposed enabled overlaps quite a bit those willing to upgrade to the
development release. I took a stab at fixing that, if anyone would
like to review it. [2]

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-release-upgrader/+bug/1199157
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/~andrewsomething/ubuntu-release-upgrader/lp1199157/+merge/173611

Thanks!