Call for votes: Developer Membership Board restaffing

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 31 10:37:17 UTC 2013

Hello Jani,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 09:23:39AM +0000, Jani Monoses wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:22:58 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> [snip]
> > That's certainly true, but I think this is something that the DMB has a
> > duty to correct.  Frankly, I think there's no reason that Adam and Björn
> > couldn't have been ready for upload rights by January, *if* the DMB's
>
> […]
> I've seen similar problems in the past two years where people from Linaro
> would simply not bother applying for maintainership of otherwise good
> packages and preferred keeping them in PPAs at the detriment of those who
> only use the official Ubuntu archives, because again, the requirements
> seemed daunting.

Hmm, I'm concerned about this. If the parties concerned are happy, could
you pass on their contact details to me or
developer-membership-board at l.u.c and I/we will follow up with them. I
don't want the process to be seen as such a huge burden that puts people
who should be given uploads rights off from even applying, and I'm keen
to work to change this.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]