Ubuntu Package Management

Jamie White jammie at jatos.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 23:47:01 UTC 2013

Hi

Just a question, how does the development of the Ubuntu package
management software work?

Reason I ask is its causing serious lagging on many computers, including
but not just mine, I see someone on the forum besides me complaining
about Ubuntu been slow on a set up where there shouldn't normally be lag
and I am laying odds the package management software issue. Generally
computers it lags on it shouldn't be lagging on, and its a problem that
really needs fixing. I would be willing to partake though it developing
something more resource efficient.

If something more resource efficient is not developed, I have to say its
really going to harm Ubuntu, really harm Ubuntu!

Jamie