PyBuild available in raring

Matthias Klose doko at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 26 15:42:51 UTC 2013

Am 25.01.2013 23:43, schrieb Scott Kitterman:
> There's another case as well.  If there is pure python code that is python3
> version specific.  This is rare, but exists.  To make sip4/python-qt4 support
> multiple python versions I had to do some really unfortunate and painful
> things to make it work.  It would be nice if we had a general solution for
> this.

the general solution is to provide patches which can go upstream. Now, I think
this is just sip4/python-qt4 which ships .py files which are different for
specific builds. Note that we already do have this issue with the builds for the
normal and the debug interpreter, and in the past, changing that for these
packages was possible. I think these issues should be tracked as sip4 and
python-qt4 issues, so please file these issues, mentioning which files are affected.

  Matthias