[archive at ubuntu.com: [ubuntu/raring] lha 1.14i-10.4 (Rejected)]

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 25 11:50:59 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 02:59:35PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 09:22:46AM +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > I have just received seven mails similar to the one included below in its
> > entirety. I do not want to receive any such similar mails in future but it is
> > not clear to me from the message what caused me to be mailed in the first place
> > nor how to contact to stop it happening again. Can you help at all please?
>
> Thanks for your report, and sorry for the inconvenience.  I haven't
> managed to figure out exactly why this happened as yet, but I've tracked
> it down somewhat and filed
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1103491.  I'll make sure that
> it gets fixed.

While I haven't yet fixed the reasons why the build upload in question
was rejected (although I do now at least understand them), I have
ensured that you will not be mailed about this particularly obscure
class of failure again.

There is still a potential spam problem in a few other places where
we've copied packages verbatim from Debian, which I intend to fix but
haven't yet.  I expect this to be rare, and in any case it shouldn't
affect this package again so it's very unlikely you'll encounter it.  If
you do, feel free to mail me privately with a full copy of the headers
and body.

Thanks,