Minutes from Developer Membership Board Meeting 2013-01-07

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 22 10:16:34 UTC 2013

Hello,

On 22.01.2013 11:01, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> As soon as we can. And I think the idea of looking for things to change
> is short-sighted. If we don't think someone is ready, it usually means
> they need to do some more good distro work, and show that they are
> ready.

Still you've got to set expectations and provide people with clear
instructions. Especially if they have to reapply.

As a Developer Advisory Team member I talk to many folks who seem ready
to apply and I can feel how some of them are quite nervous about
applying, some just don't want to do it. Every single declined
application has an additional impact on people who are nervous about
applying. So if there's a way how we can minimise the amount of declined
applications (and I'm not talking auto-accept), I think that'd help.
Clear expectations and clear instructions, maybe some prior consultation
might help a lot here.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Ubuntu Developer Week - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek
29th-31st Jan 2013 - Your great chance to finally get involved!