Security Support - Re: Let's Discuss Interim Releases (and a Rolling Release)

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Feb 28 16:23:19 UTC 2013

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 05:09:26 PM Martin Pitt wrote:
> >  * Take a monthly snapshot of the development release, which we support
> >
> > only until the next snapshot
>
> This is the main point where I have doubts and questions:
>
>  * What does "support" mean for the monthly snapshots? Hopefully not
>    security updates, SRUs, and backports? That would ruin pretty much
>    all the savings that we do from dropping the interim releases.

I think it's critical too.  Currently there is no security support in the
development series.  I have a hard time envisioning something with no support
from the Ubuntu security team as a release of any kind.  It's certainly not
something I could recommend who isn't involved in Ubuntu development run on a
system they care about.

Scott K