Minutes from Developer Membership Board Meeting 2013-01-07

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 14 15:23:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 03:26:41PM +0100, Soren Hansen wrote:
> 2013/2/14 Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com>:
> > I think that while it's natural for others to have an interest, it's
> > Björn's application and he's the one that should be speaking up if he
> > has questions.
>
> Can't we just talk about the issue at hand instead of debating who
> should have said or done this or that?
>
> The fact of the matter seems to be that in spite of the DMB's own
> guidelines of providing rejected applicants with guidance for how to
> move forward, this has not happened.

Benjamin has (I understand — I haven't seen it) provided a technical
review of the Libreoffice package and sponsored the latest upload, as he
offered to do at the meeting in question. I think this is a good step
forward.

Micah is working on providing guidance for a further application. We all
know how RL can get in the way of our volunteer community work from time
to time.

Let's step back from the attacks please.

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney at debian.org ]