Call for votes: Developer Membership Board restaffing

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Feb 1 06:11:51 UTC 2013

On Friday, February 01, 2013 11:27:07 AM Bhavani Shankar R wrote:
> I like Daniel's idea of having an informal exchange (maybe over a ping
> or a pm on irc) of how the DMB thinks so that we can really get an
> info of how the DMB thinks on various cases so that we can provide a
> broad overview of what the DMB thinks while one is ready for an
> application and provide them feedback before they apply and sometimes
> after one gets rejected too, so that it can help in simplifying the
> situation by providing inputs to the contributors as to what they are
> expected to do and reduce the number of incomplete or a application
> coming to the DMB in the incorrect area of upload rights intended.
The trick here is that unless you ping everyone on the DMB, you don't have
"how the DMB thinks" about an application.  The DMB is a collective of
individuals with individual perspectives.  This could easily evolve into some
kind of pre-meeting which a think would be a serious mistake.

While the advisory team may advise, I think it's on the applicant to discuss
their application with some DMB members if they want to.  I believe that the
people that are in the best position to give people advice on when to apply
are their sponsors.  I don't think anyone should be in the role of
intermediary.

Scott K