Intention to drop Wubi from 13.04 release

Robert Bruce Park robert.park at canonical.com
Mon Apr 1 20:09:26 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 12:59:35PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I am therefore proposing to drop Wubi from the 13.04 release, starting
> immediately with the upcoming Beta.

If this is the one true thing I read on the internet all day, I will
be very happy.

I think Wubi has been languishing for far too long, and I think it
gives a bad impression to people who want to try Ubuntu but aren't
technical enough to want to overwrite their windows installation.

Additionally, I feel that the "try Ubuntu before you delete windows
forever" use-case is better served by simply booting the liveCD and
using that without doing the installation.

So, yes, I whole-heartedly agree, lets drop Wubi!