Proposal to drop Ubuntu alternate CDs for 12.10

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 13 12:25:24 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 07:39:14AM +0800, Mikael Ström wrote:
> I think dropping the alternate CD would be a serious mistake. There
> are many of us who depends on installing via this CD for various
> reasons, like boot issues, Video card problems, CLI only installs
> etc.

Are you aware that it's possible to use the netboot mini.iso for largely
the same use cases (it does help to have a local mirror if you're doing
lots of installs, but if you're just doing one then the cost of
downloading the image vs. doing the netboot install is basically
equivalent)?

  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/netboot/