Simple but worthwhile to fix bugs?

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 11 09:25:35 UTC 2012

Hello,

On 11.09.2012 10:15, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> This is precisely what the "bitesize" tag is for, right?
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=bitesize>

Unfortunately we were never lucky to have many bugs tagged as
'bitesize'. Even creating the 'bitesize' command to tag a bug, add a
comment, etc. did not help with this.

The other problem is that most packages are quite different, so there is
always a learning curve involved and there's no step-1-to-step-10
approach for new contributors which is guaranteed to work over all
'bitesize' bugs.

Also with many projects using 'bitesize' for their bugs we now have
tasks which might be 'bitesize' in the context of a particular package
(ie if you know a bit about the code base already), but in general they
might be hard for somebody who's new to everything.

We should probably refer to the bitesize bugs in the wiki page, but have
other tasks as well, which can be solved by the step-1-to-step-10 approach.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to