UDS-R: Let's talk about GSoC

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 29 06:55:13 UTC 2012

Hello,

On 29.10.2012 04:00, Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
> Last year we did not apply because there were legal issues surrounding
> finding someone at Canonical to grant Luke Faraone permission to act as
> Org Admin and enter into a agreement ( http://j.mp/SRAhEO ) on behalf of
> the Ubuntu Community. Also the issue of who would receive the money that
> Google gives as a stipend to mentors was not addressed since Ubuntu is
> not a organization or company and typically Open Source Projects have
> foundations that handle the money for them.
>
> We're hoping with luck that these things will be addressed in advance of
> the deadlines this year if so Luke has volunteered again to take on the
> role as Org Admin and I will be helping and then Daniel Holbach is going
> to look into the Legal and Money issue.

I would call the "legal" issue a organisation issue or maybe a timing
issue. There was no legal problem AFAICR - we've participated in GSoC
before.

Canonical handled the money bits the last time and I think that's going
to make sense this time as well.

Please let me know as soon as you have any details to pass on.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to