migrate from im-switch to im-config

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 25 23:49:19 UTC 2012

On 2012-10-25 15:35, Zhengpeng Hou wrote:
> I think its time to migrate from im-switch to im-config now.

I for one agree.

im-switch (unlike im-config) provides per display language
configuration, which you are able to set from language-selector.
Considering that there is a plan to replace language-selector with the
g-c-c region capplet, so far we have sticked with im-switch even if it's
deprecated.

> 3 existing bug[1] has been proved that migrate to im-config will solve a
> lot of issues.
> 1 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus/+bug/875435

If a complete solution to that bug is provided by im-config, it's a
strong reason to migrate ASAP IMO. I suppose that language-selector or
its successor won't need to be involved really, since im-config does not
depend on the current display language. (Well, the IM method selector in
language-selector would need to be dropped, of course.)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj