Default Boost Versions for "R"

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Oct 17 16:51:39 UTC 2012

We had a bit of a discussion about this on #ubuntu-motu yesterday and, among
those discussing it (who are the ones who usually do most of the work on a
Boost transition), we concluded staying in line with Debian and keeping 1.49
as the default Boost is what we should do for "R".  As with Quantal, Boost1.50
will be available in Universe for developers or packages that need the newer
features, but it won't be in Main and should not generally be used for
packages unless it's really needed.

The good news is that means there there is nothing that needs doing for Boost
before "R" opens for development.

Scott K