Breaking stuff after feature freeze

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Sat Mar 10 06:06:53 UTC 2012

Kubuntu live FS failed so far today on i386, amd64, and powerpc.

 libfarstream-0.1-0 : Conflicts: libgstfarsight0.10-0 but 0.0.31-1ubuntu3 is to
be installed

This is apparently due to a package rename that was started because it would
be harmless.  Although I understand one person on the release team was
informally consulted, there was no FFe for this and no coordination.

libgstfarsight0.10-0 is pulled in by python-farsight, which is used by python-
papyon.  So it looks like someone would need to switch python-papayon to use
python-farstream instead.

I would appreciate it if the people that broke it, would fix it.

Scott K