Fix-It Friday: tomorrow, 2nd March

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 1 15:57:14 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

we still have eight weeks until release, which still gives us some time
to fix bugs. For tomorrow we would like to have a look at the following
TODO lists:

 - Packages which don’t build anymore (http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/)
 - Bugs which have been fixed elsewhere
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.status_upstream=resolved_upstream&orderby=-id)

If you are a new contributor to Ubuntu and interested in getting
involved, you are invited to hang out with us in #ubuntu-motu tomorrow,
where we are going to answer all your questions, help you get started
and review your code for you. The only thing you need to do is read the
following articles on http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/:
Introduction to Ubuntu Development, Getting Set Up, Fixing a bug in
Ubuntu. This should give you a rough idea of how things work. Please
give us feedback
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-packaging-guide/+filebug) if you have
suggestions for the guide. You're obviously invited to read more. :-)

If you are a more experienced Ubuntu developer, please join
#ubuntu-motu, put on your Sunday best, help answer questions and
contributors who are stuck. This will also be a good opportunity for us
to review our Sponsoring backlog.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow and seeing you all!

Have a great day, (and please pass on the message)
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to