Releasing Alphas and Betas without "freezing"

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 21 19:55:13 UTC 2012

Hi Stéphane

On 21/06/2012 15:45, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> You'll notice that the flavours are listed separately under a flavours
> heading on that page, and what's listed afterwards are proper
> "derivatives" as in, out of the archive, custom spin based on Ubuntu.

It did say that flavours are derivatives, so I edited the text so that
it makes more sense:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DerivativeTeam/Derivatives?action=diff&rev2=196&rev1=195

> I guess we could argue that the flavours probably shouldn't be listed on
> that page at all to make it clearer.

Yep, and possibly a better explanation of the differences between
flavours and derivatives (and make it clear that the flavours aren't
derivatives)

 > Kate also reminded me on IRC that she has an action item to at least
 > remove mentions of derivatives across all the official Ubuntu websites.
 > The wiki will always be trickier as people (such as that DerivativeTeam
 > I never heard about) can write whatever they want...

Yep, I haven't come across it that much, but when I do I'll just update it.

-Jonathan