Releasing Alphas and Betas without "freezing"

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 21 19:42:11 UTC 2012

On 06/21/2012 02:14 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:12:06 PM Michael Casadevall wrote:
>>
>> It has come to my attention that my emails in this thread have sounded
>> somewhat accusatory towards both members of Canonical and Ubuntu.
>>
>> This was not my intent, and I apologize the way I may have came
>> across, and hope that any party who was offended may find it in their
>> hearts to forgive me.
>>
>> As such, I shall recluse myself from this discussion for now.
>> Michael
>
> I find that surprising and very unfortunate.  I wouldn't have expected any
> members of the Ubuntu community to be offended by a good honest discussion of
> ideas.

FTR, I'm *not* implyng Michael of doing this, but there is a difference
between a "discussion of ideas" and inflamatory and incorrect
accusations/assumptions. This thread has clearly "gone of the rails" a
bit from it's original intent, thus stirring up emotions and I suspect
poking wounds made from other unrelated changes in Ubuntu.  I've valued
Michael's input on this thread, and would certainly hope if he has any
more constructive input to contribute...to do so.

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"Don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
 -Bruce Banner