Releasing Alphas and Betas without "freezing"

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 15 15:26:56 UTC 2012

Le 15/06/2012 17:05, Scott Kitterman a écrit :
> I don't think you get to have it both ways.  Either we stabilize an image and
> put a stamp on it and we need some kind of freeze or we don't.  Trying to let
> developers continue to do their work while ignoring the milestone just pushes
> the problem of getting things fixed for the milestone on the release team.
Hey,

Yeah, you are right there, so if we get working dailies every day do we
still need alphas at all?

Ideally we would have the automatic testing flagging isos "green" when
they have no issue (with the goal to always have them good) and we would
recommend people to just pick the current green iso.

Can we just drop the image rolling part of milestones? We still probably
want fixed checkpoints in the cycle to review the features, etc but they
don't especially need to be linked with a special image...

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher