Releasing Alphas and Betas without "freezing"

Rick Spencer rick.spencer at canonical.com
Fri Jun 15 14:57:57 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> On Friday, June 15, 2012 04:41:51 PM Rick Spencer wrote:
>> The essential point is, Ubuntu should be good every day. There should
>> be nothing special about an alpha or beta, it's simply the daily image
>> on some chosen day. Making them special doesn't buy us anything, but
>> has costs.
> Then cancel the whole milestone process, grab a daily and call it done.
Kinda what I'm saying, yeah. I think we probably still need milestones
for targeting bug fixes and features, but we could change that to be
keyed off of months. I think there are also widespread external
expectations that there are alphas and betas in a software project so
I'm not quite ready to advocate for "no alpha and betas" at all.