Automatic import from debian package not found in Ubuntu

Emmanuel Kasper emmanuel at libera.cc
Thu Jul 12 21:13:14 UTC 2012

The problem was that our auto-sync script said this:

>   [New] mess_0.146-1
>   No previous publications in Ubuntu
>   OK (Y/n)?
>    * Trying to add mess ...
>   mess_0.146-1 is trying to override modified binary mame-tools_0.145-0ubuntu1.  OK (y/N)?
>
> ... and I didn't have a chance to check whether this was OK.  Can you
> say whether mess 0.146-1 completely supersedes mame 0.145-0ubuntu1, or
> are there outstanding Ubuntu changes that we'd need to preserve by way
> of a merge?

Hello Colin

Thank you for you answer

The auto-sync script is right. Indeed we package these mame tools in
mess ( mame and mess have a partially common source tree )

As Cesare said, we merged already in debian unstable the mame package
from debian and ubuntu, so the first step should be to replace mame
0.145-0ubuntu1 with mame 0.146-1 ( which does not include the mame-tools
), then the auto-sync script should work for mess.

greets

Manu