Enabling Connectivity Checking in NetworkManager

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Jul 10 20:10:51 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 03:46:18 PM Marc Deslauriers wrote:
> This is useful for non-power users. Power users already know how to turn
> the appropriate knobs to turn unwanted features off.

Only if they know about it.  Even most power users don't go digging through
their system's setting after each upgrade to see what's new that they might
want to change (OK, maybe they do on Gnome, because it doesn't take long, but
I don't thinke KDE users do).

On a related note, does the Plasma (KDE) NM widget have the U/I to manipulate
this?

Scott K