Improved quilt patch handling

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 26 12:30:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 01:02:43PM +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> bzr-builddeb 2.8.1 has just landed on Debian Sid and Ubuntu Precise.
> This version contains some of my improvements from late last year
> for the handling of quilt patches in packaging branches. Most of
> these improvements depend on bzr 2.5 beta 5, which is also in
> Sid/Precise.

This sounds great, thank you!  Note, however, that the latest version of
bzr-builddeb failed to build in precise, so this won't be usable until
somebody fixes that:

  https://launchpadlibrarian.net/91021351/buildlog_ubuntu-precise-i386.bzr-builddeb_2.8.2_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

You may not have seen this due to:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/862251

> Furthermore, you can now specify whether you would like bzr to
> automatically apply all patches for stored data and whether you
> would like to automatically have them applied in your working tree
> by setting 'quilt-tree-policy' and 'quilt-commit-policy' to either
> 'applied' or 'unapplied'.  This means that you can have the patches
> unapplied in the repository, but automatically have them applied
> upon checkout or update.

Are these options per-tree?  We surely don't want branches flip-flopping
between policies depending on people's local bzr-builddeb configuration.