Jack detection in ubuntu 12.04 - call for testing!

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Sun Jan 15 09:28:11 UTC 2012

Hi!

Jack detection - what happens when you plug your headphones in - has
been improved in kernel 3.3, and I hope we can have that functionality
in Ubuntu 12.04 as well. It is e g one of the components needed to
successfully have different volumes for headphones and speakers, and to
have your media keys controlling your headphone volume when your
headphones are plugged in, and your speakers when they're not.

However, the kernel team has asked for some specific testing before they
are willing to merge the new jack detection stuff into the 12.04 Ubuntu
kernel, and I'm hoping that you would be willing to help us out with
testing.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/PreciseJackDetectionTesting

Do remember, that if you find a kernel regression, that we have a way of
contacting you, so we can figure out what went wrong and hopefully fix
the bug.

Thanks in advance!

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.